Chiaha Guild of Arts and Crafts is dedicated to promoting the arts and arts education in Rome and Floyd County, Georgia.
CHIAHA ARTS EDUCATION MINI-GRANT
Chiaha supports projects that improve and expand visual and performing arts education opportunities for PreK-12 students in Floyd County, Georgia.
The Chiaha Arts Education Mini-Grant is available for PreK-12 public and private schools and 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations located in Floyd County. Verification of 501(c)(3) status is required.
The maximum request is $500.
To access the application form, click here.
Monday, September 25, 2023 at 5:00pm
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Mini-Grant award winners will be notified on or before October 13, 2023. Checks will be presented at Chiaha Harvest Fair on October 28, 2023. A representative from the funded organization must be present to receive the award. Award winners are required to provide a final report in the form of a display board (minimum 22″ x 28″) with photographs and a description of the completed project to be displayed at the 2024 Chiaha Harvest Fair.
- The project improves and expands arts educational opportunities in Floyd County, Georgia.
- The project reaches a substantial number of children or provides an in-depth experience.
- The project demonstrates artistic merit, sound planning and management, and impact.
- The project supports but does not supplant school district responsibilities.
- The project fulfills a need unmet by other programs.
- Application Deadline – September 25, 2023 at 5:00pm
- Notification of Funding to Grantees – October 13, 2023
- Awards Presentation – October 28, 2023
- Final Reports Due – May 31, 2024
Unfortunately, Chiaha is not able to fund all of the organizations or schools that apply for funding. As a result, the board evaluates applications with consideration given to projects that will most significantly benefit the students of Floyd County and with clear measures to demonstrate the program’s positive impact.